CQMED offers a post-doctoral position for motivated, independent candidates with knowledge related to fragment-based drug discovery for LC-MS. In the project, we will address the biochemical/structural characterization for RNA-binding proteins, related to kidney and neurological disease. The project addresses the implementation of fragment-based drug discovery combining liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry.
This grant is part of a research project coordinated by Dr. Katlin Brauer Massirer and co-developed by UNICAMP (the University of Campinas, Brazil) and Agilent Technologies under the aegis of the Research Partnership for Technological Innovation – PITE Program run by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP). The project is linked to the Medicinal Chemistry Center based in UNICAMP’s Center for Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering (CQMED/CBMEG-UNICAMP).
Essential selection criteria
1. Doctorate and solid training in the area of protein structure/biochemistry and LC-MS;
2. Proven experience in academic and/or industrial laboratories in protein structure/binding/function studies;
3. Doctoral publication and good publication history.
1. Cell culture knowledge is a plus;
2. Experience working in a high-throughput environment, with tight timelines.
Submit to email@example.com:
– Letter of interest;
– Email address of two references.
Deadline: November, 26th, 2020.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral fellowship in the amount of R$ 7,373.10 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.